Sunday, November 29, 2015

H&M turtleneck sweater / Chanel bag / Zara coated jeans / Aldo 'Fredola' lace up heels
Photography by: Melissa De Mata

When it comes to finding the perfect Winter sweater, my standards come pretty high. I have super sensitive skin and direct contact with wool fibers can cause me to flare up, sparking an allergic reaction. If you're like me, you know the sweater struggle is real. In my search, I've learned a few things from trying on what feels like a hundred sweaters before landing on the right one and they consist of 3 main components being quality, comfort and care. 

Quality
Thick wool yarns often feel heavy and rough against my skin, making me insanely itch, so I usually look for cashmere or synthetic blends made from a mix of acrylic, cotton and polyester fibers. These yarns feel softer and lay smoother on the skin. 

 Comfort 
Touch it. Feels prickly? That’s already a bad sign. Lay it against your neck. If your skin starts to crawl, then move on. When the sweaters on, it should feel the same way a blanket does when it’s wrapped around you. You’re instantly at ease, warm and cozy.

Care
Fold your knits neatly. At all costs, avoid hanging them. You’ll get sharp hanger marks around the shoulders, changing it’s shape. The yarns will also stretch and overtime, it will grow twice as long. 

Hope these tips help! I've linked to a few styles below to take the burden off the search :)

___


SHOP SOFT & LUX TURTLENECKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment