Monday, September 15, 2014

DIY--BOW PUMPS

The bow pumps seen over and again on fashion blogs, Instagram, and Pinterest are just adorable. They belong to Aminah Abdul Jillil and while I love an elegant standout shoe, the bows were just a tad too big for my body frame and tiny ankles, so what did I do? DIY a pair of black ankle pumps I already own, of course. This way I get the best of both worlds because the bows are convertible. I slip them on when I want a dash of elegance and remove them when the day calls for a basic black pump. 2 styles, 1 pair of shoe. 

Go on and scroll below for an easy guide to creating the perfect bow for your ankle pumps. Happy crafting!



  • A pair of black pumps with ankle straps
  • 2 yards of black ribbon ( I used 1.5 inches of grossgrain ribbon, but velvet and satin are also great options.)
  • Safety pin 
  • Scissors
  • Krazy Glue





































Done! Now slip on the pumps and do a little dance! They are great for weddings, dinner 
parties, black tie events, and my personal favorite, it's the perfect accessory for the holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment